PIP recipients who go abroad this summer may lose their benefits.

People who get Personal Independence payouts (PIP) must tell the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) when their situation changes.

If they don't, they could lose their right to the benefit and have their monthly payouts paused or stopped. 

 You don't need to tell the DWP if you change your name, doctor, health worker, or home. 

These changes won't affect your benefits or your award.

But if you leave the country or plan to leave the country for more than four weeks, even for a vacation, this may affect your right to benefits. 

In the 2023/24 version of the PIP Handbook on GOV.UK, there is guidance that says, "This change may affect the claimant's right to PIP. 

We will need to know when the person is leaving the country, for how long, where they are going, and why.

If you want to take a longer vacation this summer, make sure you give the DWP the information they need as soon as possible, and keep that in mind when you book.

Check Out More Trending News!